• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
    • Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
Re: The Mill Inn - Location: Withington
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »
:-[ So sorry about that!!! Preview indeed is evidently required!! I had my six year old at my shoulder asking me how long I was going to be before I played with her! Lol

We went two weeks ago and found it shut. We didn't bother trying this week and just went somewhere else nearby. The 'other' place told me that The Mill had a chimney fire which was why it was shut, but I don't know.

No worries, not offended and no offence taken as it's an obvious typo - I think that we saw the funny side and realised that there was no malicious intent at all...I have corrected the spelling for you.

Oh, and welcome to the forum and landing feet first!  ;)

Cheers,

DB
Moderator.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »
:-[ So sorry about that!!! Preview indeed is evidently required!! I had my six year old at my shoulder asking me how long I was going to be before I played with her! Lol

We went two weeks ago and found it shut. We didn't bother trying this week and just went somewhere else nearby. The 'other' place told me that The Mill had a chimney fire which was why it was shut, but I don't know.

No worries, not offended and no offence taken as it's an obvious typo - I think that we saw the funny side and realised that there was no malicious intent at all...I have corrected the spelling for you.

Oh, and welcome to the forum and landing feet first!  ;)

Cheers,

DB
Moderator.

It was a funny typo though. Definately landed feet first with this one
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »
Dam just my luck, the Mill is closed for the next 3 weeks due to having a refurb and a new kitchen.   Will still visit it to take some outside photos.

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »
Dam just my luck, the Mill is closed for the next 3 weeks due to having a refurb and a new kitchen.   Will still visit it to take some outside photos.

That is bad luck, but at least you will be able to see the new shiny pub when it's finished. So i take it is going to doing food as well. May be you could visit some others in the area.
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »

That is bad luck, but at least you will be able to see the new shiny pub when it's finished. So i take it is going to doing food as well. May be you could visit some others in the area.

I'm already getting the 3rd degree from the wife.

You was out yesterday all day.

your going walking tomorrow all day.

Your out drinking Friday all day.

Your out walking all day Saturday. 

Now your telling me your away Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Yes dear.   Where did I go wrong?

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »

Seem to be a busy man over the next week or so. May be need to make some time for your wie Ian  :P

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »

Seem to be a busy man over the next week or so. May be need to make some time for your wie Ian  :P

I'm taking her out with me on Saturday.  She's spending all day standing in a muddy field giving out drinks to 500 walkers. ;D

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »

I'm taking her out with me on Saturday.  She's spending all day standing in a muddy field giving out drinks to 500 walkers. ;D

Doesn't sound a very interesting outing for her. So she's been the tea lady for the day then  :P Is a big walking group and where you walking ?

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »

Doesn't sound a very interesting outing for her. So she's been the tea lady for the day then  :P Is a big walking group and where you walking ?

http://www.ldwa.org.uk/EastYorkshire/E/8900/rudolphs-romp.html

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »

http://www.ldwa.org.uk/EastYorkshire/E/8900/rudolphs-romp.html

Sounds like an interesting walk around the York area, not sure about viewing the Humber though  :P

Offline Psychosian

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #25 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »

Oh goodo... that at least means things are happening!!! The landlord will be soooo pleased! :D As am I cos it means it'll be open again soon!! Woohoo!!

• Member Karma = +25/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »

Oh goodo... that at least means things are happening!!! The landlord will be soooo pleased! :D As am I cos it means it'll be open again soon!! Woohoo!!

When he does a refurbishment they are normally very good. Just hope that if the previous managers are ok, then hope they stay. You can then revisit it and see what is happening. Another report on the pub.

Offline Psychosian

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: Curious Visitor
« Reply #27 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »
Although, the more I think about this, the more it seems a little strange, and doesn't fit in with the note on the door. Surely if they were doing a refurb, it'd say that, or at least have some sort of time scale? 'Closed until further notice' implies its unlikely to reopen, if it was a refurb you'd think they'd want to let people hear something positive about 'come back soon'??

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov 29 - 2011 »
Although, the more I think about this, the more it seems a little strange, and doesn't fit in with the note on the door. Surely if they were doing a refurb, it'd say that, or at least have some sort of time scale? 'Closed until further notice' implies its unlikely to reopen, if it was a refurb you'd think they'd want to let people hear something positive about 'come back soon'??

We are talking about Sam Smith's here.  Thinking about what the customer what's dose not cross their minds :(

Offline bigjim

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 30 - 2011 »
Just found this news item but it's from 3 years ago..................

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/did-chicken-leave-pub/story-11230541-detail/story.html

I'm of in myself in two weeks with my camera, will take plenty of photos.

This article is a cracker and perfectly demonstrates the SSOB attitude towards customer satisfaction! In answer to the question 'why was chicken in a basket removed?' the answer from an SSOB spokesperson was:-

"I just don't feel the need to comment. I'm sorry if that sounds rude. We decide what we sell."

I absolutely love it!! :P PMSL