• View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER

Offline brisbane

• Member Karma = +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: The Menston Arms - Location: Menston
« Reply #16 on: Jan 6 - 2014 »
This is a first class pub, very good landlord and landlady. The ale is the best in town. Its a pity there's no food but well worth a visit.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 6 - 2014 »
Just to let members know that the Menston Arms is open again, after a near two week closure. It's amazing what a lick of paint can do to a pub, not keen on the new colour ( mustard  :'(). But still better than it was before. Three new fire places, look very nice, but the size is small for two of them. Not going to over cozy on a winter's night. Also interesting to note that no curtains have been put up, I wonder why  :WF

Just waiting for the new pictures to arrive, another two weeks yet, hopefully worth the wait. The thatch has also gone, souvenirs available.   Photo's to follow.

All the electric pumps have also been removed and free flow and cask OBB returned, so the prices have come down in price.  :D :D :D

So Mr Smith your experiment didn't work for the two and a half years that the electric pumps were in, and returned the pub back again to free flow. But you did get rid of the costly old managers on the old contracts. But at the end of the day it's your money and you can spend it as you like.  :()

So now to the best of my knowledge there is only one SS pub that has electric pumps in, which is in Middlesborough. The other one had them taken a couple of months a go I believe. A reverse of policy  ::H

The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 16 - 2014 »
This pub is also on TA.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g2691430-d5484630-Reviews-Menston_Arms-Menston_West_Yorkshire_England.html

I've sent TA a couple of photos.   At this rate all Sam's pubs will be on TA.    ;D

Offline bitterboy

• Member Karma = +33/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 8 - 2015 »
Called in today,what a nice pub,very friendly staff and locals and OBB was great,lovely and warm,busy,and great atmosphere.15 minutes walk from train station,well worth a visit.

Offline OldBreweryDrinker

• Member Karma = +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 20 - 2015 »
Just to let members know that the Menston Arms is now serving food, and appears to be going down very well. Especially Sunday lunches for the walkers and passersby. Sunday Roasts are Beef & Pork.

New managers Steve & Rose seem to be improving the pub and it's taking. Wish them good luck and hope that they stay. :DD

Served during the week 12 - 2.30 Tuesday - Friday & Saturday & Sunday 12 - 5. No meals on Monday.

Shall also post the photos when I have found them.

Cheers  :HD
The opinions that I express are my own !! A Fan of SSOB products. Time for a pint of OBB