• Administrator
  • Member Karma = +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • SamSmiths
  • SamSmiths Status: I'd rather not say!
The John Snow - Location: Soho
« on: Mar 7 - 2008 »

Name: The John Snow - Location: Soho

Address: 39, Broadwick St, London, W1F 9QP [0871 917 0007 (ref 3096) (Calls cost 10p/min)]
Always in support of the Samuel Smiths Brewery - although very concerned about the current company strategy towards its staff and customers, as exercised by the Directors. We believe in promoting common sense, decency, compassion, fairness and compliance with company, employment and English law.

Offline DarkieBoy

• Jet Tec ink cartridges - UK Ink Supplies
  • Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
Re: The John Snow - Location: Soho
« Reply #1 on: May 24 - 2010 »
This is my photo of the John Snow, Soho, London, copyright to me!

DB.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: A CUSTOMER
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14 - 2010 »
Nice pub from the outside.

Diana Taylor

• Non-Member
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
Would welcome both the Breweries Standpoint and the Landlords view regarding the rather troubling story in the National TV and Press regarding the ejection and manhandling of a young LGBT couple for being allegedly "Indecent" here is your chance to state how you think current Equality and Diversity legislation was applied by the Landlord and his partner and whether or not Sam Smith's intend to look at their policies and offer this couple an apology for what a least can be described as rather unfair treatment and at worst out and out bigotry!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/14/gay-claim-ejected-pub-kissing
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13091833
Should you wish to reply privately I will pass the message to the couple involved in confidence.
I look forward to your response.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
Look on the Red Lion Tread, and maybe listen to both sides.

ian

Offline DarkieBoy

• Global Moderator
  • Member Karma = +18/-1
    • View Profile
  • SamSmiths Status: In the 'trade' - another company
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
Would welcome both the Breweries Standpoint and the Landlords view regarding the rather troubling story in the National TV and Press regarding the ejection and manhandling of a young LGBT couple for being allegedly "Indecent" here is your chance to state how you think current Equality and Diversity legislation was applied by the Landlord and his partner and whether or not Sam Smith's intend to look at their policies and offer this couple an apology for what a least can be described as rather unfair treatment and at worst out and out bigotry!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/14/gay-claim-ejected-pub-kissing
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13091833
Should you wish to reply privately I will pass the message to the couple involved in confidence.
I look forward to your response.

Hi there Diana,

Welcome to the forum.  Many forum members would also welcome a response from Samuel Smith's Old Brewery regarding the "gay kiss" alegations mentioned by various media outlets.  However, the Brewery will probably remain silent on this issue as it has done with many other issues raised in the past.  Usually media contact to the Brewery is rebuffed with no comment, or similar.

DB.

Offline bigjim

• Member Karma = +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
You know I can't help feeling Sam Smiths is going to have to invest in some media relations training. I love this quote from today's Guardian.

When the Guardian called the pub twice, a woman said: "Can you just stop calling this number please, or we'll have you done for harassment."

I wonder what they said to them up there in Tadcaster? Oh silly boy - I know already! That will be a 'no comment then!'

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #7 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
a mass snogathon between 7pm an 10pm?? wouldnt like to be running that tonight, lets hope sales are good at least eh?? democracy i suppose? but i do believe theirs a time and place for all communitys to do there kissing etc,but a quick kiss?? who cares its not a crime

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
Ant, Pink gins all round mate. ::)

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
Just read the Guardian, It states one of them is "a journalist". Well well well that say's it all dosn't it. It all makes good copy I suppose, but them journalism and the truth dose go hand in hand dosn't it?

ian.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
It coming on BBC London any minute channel 974 on sky.

ian.

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
The BBC states that the "couple" are thinking of taking it to the court of human rights. 

What about my rights to have a quite drink in a pub without having to watch two people trying to cop it off in public.

An eye witness said it was right that the couple was ask to leave. 

Again it is important to get both sides of the story before we hang out the poor manager to dry.

ian.

Offline OnTheDrink

• Member Karma = +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
As a former journalist now running my own PR company I do occasionally suggest to clients that a dignified silence might be the best course of action instead of some meaningless, empty words to satisfy the media, who will only use the statement to their benefit.  The whole thing is being blown out of all proportion by hysterical gay rights activists and left wing journalists to satisfy their audience of hand-wringing liberals who live in that strange 'fluffy bunny' world where everyone has 'entitlement' and 'rights' and think we should be governed by more and more legislation because they lack the common sense or practicalty possessed by most of us. 

This story will end up as tomorrow's chip wrapper, so Mr S, if you're reading this, don't prolong the agony by entering into a dialogue with people who will never be able to even consider seeing your point of view.

antthe2nd

• Non-Member
« Reply #13 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
pink lemonade for me ian please  :-*

Offline ian

• Member Karma = +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 15 - 2011 »
Sorry ant no can do. The John Snow is closed tonight.  If it had been me I'd have opened and sod them all.

ian.