Dear Mr Humphrey Smith,
I know you are now aware of this website - and you've been trying to discover my identity.
Well, although I've made it perfectly clear elsewhere on this site, let me again put it to you in plain English..
I am not employed by you (probably as well, as it seems a terrible time to work for you). I am not in the trade. I am a concerned customer, who has spent thousands of pounds with you. I am an experienced business man - and former MD of a group of companies. I am also rather astute regarding such issues that you currently appear to be flouting - such as 'Health and Safety', various employment laws, consumer laws, Health and Hygiene legislation, and even Human Rights issues.
Instead of wasting your time trying to discover my identity - why not put your time to more effective and productive use, by addressing the numerous issues that are currently eroding the family business you inherited from your hard-working forefathers. And before you totally destroy the credibility of the family name - why not consider the many people, whom you are causing harm to.
Some of your recent actions have proved illegal, commercially self-destructive, and inhumane - what an epitaph! And yet it wasn't always that way - was it? You had a popular successful business - so why destroy it? Why assume that 'you know best'? Or is it you?
Every business invest time and money, to identify their strengths and weaknesses - in the eye of those that a business could not exist without - namely; your customers, and your staff. But hey! You probably think you are wiser than any other business man in the world! Or maybe you've just been convinced to think that way? Maybe from someone influential, who is really only trying to look after themselves!? If so - get rid of any evil influence - and regain the control and respect you once deservedly earned. Before it's too late!!
If you feel uncomfortable with the content of this website - then there's only one person to blame - and that's yourself. This is a window, giving you a sneak view at what is really going on. Many unhappy people - both customers and staff alike, are afraid to post here - believing it to be a 'honey pot' trap of yours. But in time, as things progress (or should I say deteriorate?), people will learn otherwise. Ignore this site at the peril of your business.
It's now only a matter of time, before your empire is at risk of mass exposure - something I know you would dread - but your adverse actions, will be solely responsible. Incidentally, when any other business makes so much effort to make their corporate presence visible (and with pride), why does your company make so much effort to hide behind the de-livery (sign removal) instigated, some time ago? Maybe we'll never know!
When pending (and future) actions, from various individuals, reach tribunal, and court - there will be an upsurge of media interest. And this site may play a part in providing news to the national press and T.V. It will also provide a reference point of unity - where fellow victims, can unite, combine resources, and seek justice.
I understand, that you believe I must be a member of your staff, due to the amount of 'inside' information I am privileged to. Well as I've explained - I am not - but you're actions have upset so many people (with the exception of the 'evil influence' - mentioned earlier), and you are losing what residual loyalty may still exist. With time, the more people you upset, turn to this website, to educate others, whilst being able to release some of the built up tension and dismay.
Mr Smith - don't bother yourself with who I am. I mean, what are you going to do? I'm not breaking any laws. Or are you thinking of having me 'shut up', or even just 'disappear' - well that would be a bit foolish now - especially now this letter is in the public domain, and archived world-wide!
No, don't waste your time on me, someone else would always step up and take my place - guaranteed. Deal with the root issues. I believe the real threat is much closer to you than I will ever be. I may yet be your savior!
Let me offer you some free advice, business man (self accomplished) to businessman (handed on a platter).
- First and foremost, remove any bad/negative influence. One can only assume that a person, or persons, are supporting or at least influencing your current decision making - and probably to their own benefit. Get rid of (him?) them, immediately - and regain your own control.
- Regain your authority and credibility - by doing what's right for your staff, your customers, and by result - your business.
- Identify your companies previous strengths - and revive/re-integrate them. Such as..
- Venue individuality - you have to be flexible - not all locations and customers are the same!
- Allow music - where suitable. This may vary from a pleasing ambient background - to may be, a live pianist at an older venue. This brings in customers.
- Proudly promote your products - but don't lose your beer drinking customers, just because you no longer cater for their company, or wives. And just because it isn't your own product - doesn't mean you can't make a profit by marketing/selling it.
- Allow outdoor facilities for smokers. For god sake! In the past, most your business has been supported by smokers - are you just going to stick two fingers up at them? Embrace the opportunity to look after ALL of your customers. Surely you are not going to let our misguided government, dictate to you, discrimination?
- Keep a close eye on the health, safety, and hygiene issues - of all of your venues.
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained and educated, to comply with the above. Continually asses new staff
- Allow your customers to remain happy. So don't automatically bar people from singing 'Happy Birthday'. Let some commonsense - and Managers discretion, prevail.
- Don't for one moment believe, that selling lower cost products, is an excuse to behave recklessly. If that was the case, then all other pubs in the same city, town or village, as one of your hostelries, would be empty - and you would be taking 'all' of the available clientele. Don't ignore all of the other aspects which make the full 'leaving the home, to drink in your premises', an enjoyable experience.
Your brews are good - but by no means the best. You are no longer competitive in other areas. If I'm at a venue, where your brew is guesting, I will pay more for a better pint, such as a Boddingtons. Not all people have the same tastes, like/dislikes - which is why you must offer more variety, and stop kidding yourself that your business will survive simply on your low-cost products
- One of your companies strengths was it's individuality at different venues, and quality food offerings. Different hostelries offered different meals - catering to suit the local clientele. If your corporate move was structured to support your catering organisation (Sarah Brownridge), by palming off your customers with pre-prepared meals - then you are eventually going to kill two trades.
- Listen to your customers - and provide them with what they want. Every successful business on the planet does - so why would you want to be any different? To be so self-conceited, and believe you know what's best - is commercial suicide!
- Don't undervalue or lose you quality/experienced staff - without them, you have no quality, reliability or loyalty. And with the wrong staff - you will alienate your customers, and your business fall apart at the seams.
- Don't pay peanuts - you'll just get monkeys! If you don't pay a reasonable wage, for reasonable hours, you will ultimately end up employing the 'wrong crowd'. They will be more desperate, and possibly less reliable, and trust-worthy. By the time you discover any damage done, they will have already survived for a period of time, by desperate methods - such as fleecing you, your customers, or both.
- Listen to your staff and managers - find out what's really going on. Keep your finger on the pulse. And offer incentives for constructive criticism and idea's. This will practically cost you nothing, and could save/earn your business thousands - and re-establish some respect and credibility
- Remember your roots. And think of others. We may all have to account for our actions one day. It is never to late to regain self-control, decency, and earn the respect of your peers.
- Seize the opportunity! Take advantage of this website. Many people would never dare communicate their real feelings directly to you - for fear of retribution - be they staff, or customer. Here you have the opportunity, the window, to glimpse into the minds of the people that are important to your company - and should you wish, communicate with them. Many organisations, pay a great deal of money, to have a central communications repository - I have provided you with one for free!
- If you have a Board of Directors - consider their viewpoint, and respect Company Law, regarding voting rights
On a final note..
I just don't get it! Why would one person, want to willingly destroy a once successful business? And what timing - to do so in such an economic climate - which will readily act as a catalyst of doom.
Why would one man want to hurt so many members of their own staff - making them miserable - by being deceitful, disrespectful - and in many cases, making unsubstantiated false accusations?
Why would one man want to destroy peoples lives, by ignoring Employment Law, and adopting a cavalier attitude to the instant dismissal of loyal personnel - with the same, and 'no conscience' ease, as a Grim Reaper?
Why would anyone wish to upset so many people, with the potential risk of driving someone to make verbal or physical assault? Why would someone want to make their own life, so dangerous?
Why would anyone trust their established business, to be managed by inexperienced, self-preserving individuals - who ultimately could dissolve the business from within?
Maybe we will never know. It defies all logic, common sense, decency, and humanity. It is definitely not Cricket, and it is not British!!!
The Website Owner - SamSmiths.info