oh no - here we go again!
Er, the current couple have only been there for less than 2 months!
thats about the average. every time we get some decent new managers, we know they'll soon be on their way. they all think that what they read can't be true, and they can do better. they dont realize that
1) they dont have enough staff hours, so end up doing extra unpaid themselves (we all watch them go downhill in a matter of weeks till they realize they've been shafted by humphs)
2) they dont realize that they have to *try* and keep an eye on 7 rooms and corridors not visible from the bar, including upstairs, whilst trying to serve disgruntled (for waiting) customers - leaving it down to the good will of regulars to police the pub for under aged etc. one day, something bad will happen, and it will emerge that humphs made it physically impossible to SAFELY manage the place - and he'll get his comeuppance (i hope)
3) they dont realize that they have to make and maintain many open fires, and stop idiots from lighting/stock up ones they shouldn't, and stop idiots playing with the gas mantles, turning them off, then on again, releasing gas, and then doing a runner. yes that's happened for years, but how can managers/staff who are having to work on their own behind the bar, deal with that.
4) they dont realize that without the support/good will of the regulars (who have just about had enough - and all talk of wanting to 'have a word with humph') who glass collect, deal with potential trouble causers, and even help them were no handover instruction has been given on the gas, power breakers (all over the place) etc, etc, they would go in to melt down
5) they dont realize that after a few years on no food (thanks humphs), were the place was once a popular eating place, right-food / right-price, built up over a long time by *experienced* manages, they have just recently started food again (bad price and choice) and humphs must wonder in his vast wisdom and experience (not) why no ones eating - ha!
6) they dont realize that they will get no support, sympathy, or anything else from humphs/brewery
7) they dont realize that since humphs has broken his train-set, people have found better places nearby to go
and sadly they dont realize, that the way things are at the moment, they wont last five minutes
we the customers are very fed up. and no doubt humphs will get to hear about it directly, next time he's round *playing* at being area manager.
meanwhile, it's been rumoured that the outgoing (nice people) couple, this monday, will be replace by a couple from the golden ball scarborough (?) another high turnover (managers) pub